RE: Skolelinux CDs

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 02:02, Sven Tore Iversen wrote:

> [...]

The former.

> If we decide to take something out of skolelinux, it may at some time no
> longer be part of the current source version, and if we 2,5 years later need
> to ship source for some older build we may not have the full source. Or at
> least not the exact revision of the source.

That's why you should prepare source CDs at the time you prepare binary
CDs.  It's a good idea just to burn a few and stick them in a file
folder with date labels.  Every time something in the file folder is
older than 3 years, you can throw it out.

> If we have to offer the exact source revision both on cd and for download
> for every release we need good archiving of cd's ;) or a good system to
> build old cd's. And would "every version" then include daily builds? We
> never ship daily build cd's so we would never need to send out source cd's
> for daily builds, but if a source download also need availability for 3
> years it's still an issue.

No, for downloaded binaries, it's enough that you offer the current
source for as long as you offer the current binary. It's only for
physical CDs that you'll need to retain copies.

--
-Dave Turner
GPL Compliance Engineer