Re: non-free?

[Sajith VK]
> Is removing non-free softwares in our TODO list so that we can
> expect a "free" version in the future?

Well, only if someone do the job of making alternatives.  We include
Java to make sure the browsers are able to handle Java applets.  It
would be nice with a free alternative.  A related issue is the lack of
Flash support.  A free alternative would be nice here too.

A complete list of extra packages and a short explanation why they are
on the CD is available from
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/sl-packages.txt>.
The goal is to make that list go away, and maintain all the packages
we need inside Debian.  It will only happen if we work hard to make it
happen.  Creating free alternatives and getting the missing packages
into Debian is the way to do it.