Re: non-free?

[Sajith VK]
> The instruction to set apt-source for skolelinux at
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/apt-kilde.html.en, refers to contrib
> and non-free. Is they are mandatory for upgrading skolelinux? I mean
> is there any non-free package in skolelinux?

Yes, there are a few.  Java opera and forms are the one I remember at
the moment.

The reason non-free is listed in the APT sources, is that lyx depend
on forms, and forms is in non-free.  I believe I read somewhere that
lyx no longer need the non-free dependency.  Not sure if there now is
a "free" version of forms, or if the widget library used by lyx is
changed.