Re: introducing myself

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 05:57:17PM +0100, John O'Sullivan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to develop a debian-based system targetted at the needs of
> Irish schools. So far I have only been working off the packages already
> in the main distro. I'd like to continue the work in the debian-edu
> framework. I'll look at packaging extra software for now as well as
> posting a list of packages that I think are appropriate for this
> project.
> I haven't used wiki before, can I just edit the pages on the wikisite
> as I wish?

Add yourself to WikiUsers and edit UserOptions first so that we know who you
are when you edit pages.

If you have a comment to add to a page, check the "with heading" checkbox
and add your comment via the form at the bottom of the page instead of using
the "edit this page" link (which you typically do only if you maintain or
co-maintain the page[1]).

One of the advantages to adding a comment instead of making a general edit
to the page is that we can see who contributed what and when, and anyone
"subscribed" to the page (or the whole DebianWiki) will be emailed a copy.
General edits are not emailed to subscribers.

Ben
[1] I suppose except for fixes like correction of typos, URLs, etc.