Re: Debian Meet-up in DC

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 10:35 PM Aaron M. Ucko <ucko@debian.org> wrote:

> Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org> writes:
>
> > I don't think I'll be able to make it after all, but I hope everyone
> > enjoys. :-)
>
> Hi, Jay.  Sorry you won't be able to join us; we'll have to catch up
> some other time.

Keep me in the loop (I guess keep the list in the loop) as my plans
could change. I won't know until late. There are two specific issues
potentially preventing me from going, or I might be able to show up
briefly for meeting and key signing. I've been thinking about creating
a subkey for package signing and reserving my main key for only subkey
generation and signing, so if I do that, I might want to get that key
signed. I have to read up on this....I realize as I write this that I
have become fuzzy about subkeys. Anyway, it would be nice to come. I
think it's been 8 years since I did one of these....I don't think I've
done one since my twins were born, and they just finished first grade.

What are people doing with keys these days? I'm still using the key I
created when we moved to 4096-bit keys. I use it for both my debian
stuff and signing releases of my open source work, but I think I might
want to start using separate subkeys for different purposes. I'd be
interested to know what others are doing. These meet-ups provide a
rare opportunity to make changes to keys and get a reasonable number
of signatures.