[Debian-NYC] Thoughts on Eventbrite.

I got the impression from DebConf that EventBrite was not universally
loved by Free Software advocates. I am wondering if this is true and
if so what are the alternatives? From my point of view, what's nice
about it is that it glues to all the social network things for people
that use them as well as google maps. (I know, I know), in addition
taking care of such things as reminders and what not.

Fuel for the fire: Eventbrite is free as in beer for free events, and
might be ok for use by FSF? http://austinrms.eventbrite.com/

Thanks,
Brian

P.S. - We used evenbright for Puppet-nyc's meeting on Tuesday, but
that's mostly because it's not really FreeCulture advocacy group.