Re: Report: Debian Packaging Workshop at COEP

On 8 January 2017 at 23:55, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@researchut.com> wrote:
> I don't recollect finding any such list, when I was running into problems with
> PDF. I remember talking to Vasudev and he suggested me your name, hoping you may
> have more insight into Fonts and PDF in general.

Oh!. I'm not sure about what we discussed (I've forgotten probably),
but I do remember recommending talking to Jonas on PDF stuffs. But not
sure about Indian language support in PDF.

Given the context I would like to bring into your notice, libindic
project which I've been part from a very long time and which does not
have much volunteers interested. [1] and specifically PDF rendering
library we wrote [2]. [2] might not work right away as we need to fix
few things like switching to cairoffi etc (recorded in issues). In
general to render Indian languages in PDF it needs some work like
adjusting the characters and placement which is done by [2]. If you
are interested in getting fine details of the PDF rendering in Indian
language you can contact Santhosh Thottingal (original author of
libindic and pypdflib project).

Oh we did participate in Gsoc last year and got really nice modules
[3][4]. Transliterator does a very nice job of supporting Indian
language transliteration. sandhi-splitter is currently only for
Malayalam but if some one is interested they can add support for new
language.

[1] http://libindic.org/
[2] https://github.com/libindic/pypdflib
[3] https://github.com/libindic/indic-trans