Re: irc meeting summary

> shouldn't it be validated at each field. For e.g. in the name I
> entered '12345' instead of name and it didn't complain.

Yeah. I forgot to add that validation.

>I filled numerals at each stage hoping that field validation would be there and
> it would say to me locally that I'm doing something wrong (before
> submission) but didn't get it.

That requires Javascript and there was a discussion earlier whether to fully depend on JS as there are people who don't prefer JS to be used.

IMO, since the textbox values are retained on error, I think we can live without JS validation. I would be happy to implement that also, but it may be unwanted burden on the page load.

Balasankar C
http://balasankarc.in

"Freedom is never easily won, but once established, freedom lasts, spreads and chokes out tyranny." - Trent Lott