Re: Dates for the MiniDebConf '14 finalized !

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> Quoting Haris Ibrahim K. V. (2014-08-04 06:53:31)
>> I have no intention of starting a debate,
>
> Hehe - you don't _start_ a debate, I did so ;-)
>
> If you truly want to avoid _feeding_ a debate, then refrain from
> commenting on it.  Trying stop a debate by stating some "final remarks"
> is bound to not work.
>
> "I have no intention of you responding to this email" :-P
>

>> Their ambition of doing an event targeting an audience of 300 is in
>> itself quite commendable.
>
> Certainly.
>
> ...and that number may even go down a bit by may either lower that
> number a bit or stay same but consist of fewer privacy concerned
> participants - both encouraging similar choice for future conferences,
> because "those attending are happy".

Completely agree on this point, and one more addition this conference
from previous discussion even though Debian related discussion has a
lot of privacy related talks being brought up. And it really doesn't
make sense to violate privacy concerns by organizer when conference
itself want to create awareness on privacy.

However difficult it may be to organize an event, if we value
something (in our case privacy) we should try hard to stick to the
points at all costs, thats what I believe.

> Enjoy your conference, and enjoy organizing it - however it is done.
>

>  - Jonas
>
> P.S.
>
> Would be nice to keep the conversation to *one* mailinglist, so that the
> ever growing list of cc's could be weeded out.

Dropped long Cc lines and kept the discussion to mailing list.

--

Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info