Re: Suggestion to overlook funnel for MiniDebConf '14

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 5:37 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
We don't need
funnel explicitly but we do need some web service which informs students as to
what awareness levels are needed for any session.
We can make arrangements for that. Can't we use the website for doing this ?

Would we be having
all beginner talks
or would we be having some talks with some depth in them (intermediate
talks) it would be nice if we could point the same to students and
interested people.
Ideally, we should have all kinds of talks. Like I mentioned earlier, it'd be nice to see the list of speakers from the Debian community first. Praveen could give an insight on the same.

I don't see this being an issue. For instance if it's possible to
invite I would like to invite the following people (in addition to
Praveen or whoever else has ideas.)
That sounds good. Do you have the contacts of the following people ?

1. Version control using git - Noufal Ibrahim (that's the basics of
SCM/VCS for anyone)
2. Git unchained - Ramkumar Ramchandra  (Git internals and perhaps he
can talk of libgit2 and possible GSOC proposals on git which would be
beneficial to students.)
3. Ruby gems packaging and installation - Nandaja Verma (and perhaps
about diaspora as well)
4. Blender 3D - Aneesh KR (if somebody has Aneesh's mail id then would
like to discuss some other ideas with him as well.)
5. Aneesh Sheela but dunno if he wants to stick with GNOME
localization or something else ?
6. WebRTC (and perhaps XMPP as well) - Nagarjuna Verma (again mail id
please, anyone)
You could send informal invites if you any of them. We'll have the dates very soon.

7. Savita Seetaraman - Buffer overflow and GDB (again if somebody has
Savita's email id would like to discuss some idea with her as well.)
I really doubt if she'd able to make it to the event

The only unknown
among them (to me) is Savita Seetaraman who proposed a talk but don't
think she gave it.
I've CC'ed her in this mail.

We also need somebody to do the opening keynote. Dr. Mani did an
excellent job last year although he was a bit long. Should we call him
or somebody else ?
Let's see what Praveen or for that matter of fact anyone else from the community has to say.

Another important thing : If you're willing to volunteer, please do add your name in the wiki : https://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2014/Kollam

Warm Regards.

Thanking You,
R.Harish Navnit