Re: Suggestion to overlook funnel for MiniDebConf '14

[if you are already in the mailing list, drop your cc when you reply]

On Saturday 12 July 2014 09:55 PM, R.Harish Navnit wrote:
> We can make arrangements for that. Can't we use the website for doing
> this ?

If we are not going for funnel, we need some volunteers to do a simple
registration form for speakers as well as delegates. We have been trying
to build this for last many years, but it never got to a usable form.

You can see the previous attempt here
https://gitorious.org/minidebconfindia/metoo I don't know how complete
or incomplete it is. Can someone give it a try?

> Ideally, we should have all kinds of talks. Like I mentioned earlier,
> it'd be nice to see the list of speakers from the Debian community
> first. Praveen could give an insight on the same.

Once the registration site is ready, lets give a call for papers far and
wide. We can always invite people we know personally as well.

>     I don't see this being an issue. For instance if it's possible to
>     invite I would like to invite the following people (in addition to
>     Praveen or whoever else has ideas.)

Sooraj Kenoth on shakhi.org
Balasankar on diaspora (introduction)
Manukrishnan on hosting diaspora (podmin view)
Ershad/Abhineet on ruby on rails/ contributing to diaspora code
Akhil on Access to Knowledge and Aaron Schwartz
Praveen Sridhar on firefox os (and his gsoc project)
actually we should invite all smc gsoc students to present their work
Vasudev Kamath/Kartik Mistry on debian-in
Manoj/Hrishi on wiki projects
Anivar on surveillance and internet freedom

>     We also need somebody to do the opening keynote. Dr. Mani did an
>     excellent job last year although he was a bit long. Should we call him
>     or somebody else ?
>
> Let's see what Praveen or for that matter of fact anyone else from the
> community has to say.

Krishnakant Mane, Nagarjuna G, Niyam Bhushan, Venkatesh Hariharan,
Karunakar G, Baiju M, V Sasi Kumar, Anoop John. There many more to list.