Re: Possible *Camp in Dublin in Winter

On 05/11/18 01:38, Daniel Pocock wrote:

>>> Were you hoping for a seasonal theme, a topical theme, or it is
>>> completely open at the moment?  If it doesn't need to follow the *Camp
>>> pattern too closely, maybe it could be circulated on debian-events-eu
>>> and elsewhere, but I didn't want to make any assumptions about that.

>> Thanks Daniel, but I really don't want any bikeshedding. The name is
>> pretty trivial, and it will be something like RainCamp or somesuch..

> After reading about all the fine work of the antiharassment team in
> recent announcements, don't you feel it is a bit out of character to
> disparage somebody else's input with a comment like bikeshedding?

Sorry it came out that way. I did not mean you were bikeshedding, but
asking people in debian-events-eu for suggestions for the name would
invite bikeshedding. I only extended the offer to the very small lists
I've sent my mail to.

> The question wasn't about the name alone, it was also about ascertaining
> the character of the event, e.g. will there be a focus on a technical
> topic, or will it be purely social?  Given there aren't a lot of free
> software events in Dublin, different people may come expecting different
> things, so it may be better to clarify the aims of the event in advance.

My idea is to continue the format of the other Sun/Snow Camps, which
were a mixture of social and technical work. Take a look at the
wikipages of those events, it will give you a better idea of how people
experienced.

> Craicamp or EireCamp perhaps?

CraiCamp has some ring to it, but I am afraid of sending the wrong
message :)

--
Martín Ferrari (Tincho)