Re: Upcoming dpkg string changes

Hello Guillem,
On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 07:17:07AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 14:19:35 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 04:13:47AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > > As mentioned in the 1.16.3 upload mail, I've some pending changes
> > > affecting original strings, and will be using the opportunity to do
> > > some cleanups given that I'm touching them anyway. As such I'd
> > > recommend holding off any translations for now, to avoid useless
> > > work, also in case there's some later rectifications for example.
> > > I'll send another mail once it seems safe to restart translation
> > > work.
> >
> > Thanks for the notification. Since I'm rather short of time starting
> > later this month I'd like to know if you already have an ETA when
> > translation could be restarted?
>
> Hopefully not later than two weeks or around that. I've layed out

While updating the German translation, I noticed a few typos which I
did not correct myself as I'm not sure if you want to coordinate that
somehow:
dpkg-buildpackage.pl
- -z<level>      compression level to use fo source.
+ -z<level>      compression level to use for source.

dpkg-deb.1
-building a package (since dpkg 1.16.2). Allowed value are \fInone\fP (since
+building a package (since dpkg 1.16.2). Allowed values are \fInone\fP (since

And a minor improvement:
dpkg-gensymbols.1
the File::Glob manual page for details) in \fIlibrary-file\fR to match
the \fIFile::Glob(3perl)\fR manual page for details) in \fIlibrary-file\fR to match

Greetings

           Helge