Re: Upcoming dpkg string changes

Hi!

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 14:19:35 +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 04:13:47AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > As mentioned in the 1.16.3 upload mail, I've some pending changes
> > affecting original strings, and will be using the opportunity to do
> > some cleanups given that I'm touching them anyway. As such I'd
> > recommend holding off any translations for now, to avoid useless
> > work, also in case there's some later rectifications for example.
> > I'll send another mail once it seems safe to restart translation
> > work.
>
> Thanks for the notification. Since I'm rather short of time starting
> later this month I'd like to know if you already have an ETA when
> translation could be restarted?

Hopefully not later than two weeks or around that. I've layed out
a tentative plan in [0]. In any case the freeze should happen around
this month, but that does not mean wheezy will release too soon after
that, so even if we are frozen I'll be preparing regression and
translation only uploads after that, which should give you time to
get up to date, I hope.

  [0] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/2012/06/msg00008.html>

> Btw. I noticed that the changelog for 1.16.3 has a mistake, it has
> "Updated scripts translations" twice (one instance probably should be
> "Updated man page translations". Should this be fixed?

Sure, fixed now locally, thanks!

regards,
guillem