Re: Autobuilding dpkg master

* Raphael Hertzog [Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 08:01:24AM +0200]:
> On Fri, 05 Aug 2011, Michael Prokop wrote:

> > The confusing ~1 vs. ~10 part in the above dpkg listing results from
> > the build number which is different for the i386 vs amd64 jobs
> > inside Jenkins.

> I underestood that but is it really required to update this build number
> given that the i386 build is triggered by the amd64 build? It will be
> automatically unique (and even if it isn't, is that a problem?).

> > If that's an issue for you we could use a different naming schema.
> > In another project I'm e.g. using UNIXTIME=$(date +%s) inside the
> > autogenerated snapshot versions. Though I'm open for any suggestions. :)

> This won't really help since both jobs are not happening at the same
> second.

Thanks for your input. I've reworked the setup (sorry for the delay
but it turned out to be much trickier than expected).

Now the setup is as follows:

A job foobar-source builds the source package, then triggers a so
called matrix build named foobar-binaries which takes the resulting
files from the foobar-source job and builds the binary packages for
all defined architectures (being i386 and amd64 currently).

So having the dpkg (master branch) and the dpkg-test (test branch)
repositories we now get just 4 jobs, being:

* dpkg-binaries
* dpkg-source
* dpkg-test-binaries
* dpkg-test-source

-> http://jenkins.grml.org/view/Debian/

Raphael, please update your git hook(s) to match the new job names.
dpkg-source+amd64 became dpkg-source and dpkg-source-test+amd64
became dpkg-test-source.

To streamline the configuration I also updated the repository
definition, so now it's:

APT instructions (master branch):
deb     http://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg main
deb-src http://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg main
wget -O - http://jenkins.grml.org/debian/C525F56752D4A654.asc | sudo apt-key add -

APT instructions (test branch of private repos):
deb     http://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg-test main
deb-src http://jenkins.grml.org/debian dpkg-test main
wget -O - http://jenkins.grml.org/debian/C525F56752D4A654.asc | sudo apt-key add -

I hope this works as expected, please let me know if you need any
changes.

regards,
-mika-