Re: Autobuilding dpkg master

* Raphael Hertzog [Fri Aug 05, 2011 at 01:03:38AM +0200]:
> On Fri, 05 Aug 2011, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > Note: the *sources* included in the apt repository are from the
> > amd64 build, the i386 packages are binary-only builds.

> Hum, they are binary-only builds but from a different source package
> apparently. Because I have different versions for arch: all and arch:
> i386.

> This is usually not a problem because we don't have strong dependencies
> from arch: any to arch: all but it still seems wrong to me.

> $ dpkg -l dpkg dpkg-dev
> [...]
> ii  dpkg              1.16.1~1.gbpcca90 Debian package management system
> ii  dpkg-dev          1.16.1~10.gbpcca9 Debian package development tools

The packages are based on the same git commit. Compare the *.changes
file from http://jenkins.grml.org/job/dpkg-source+i386/ with the one
from http://jenkins.grml.org/job/dpkg-source+amd64/

Also the version number behind the "1.16.1~1[0]" indicates that this
should be fine itself.

The confusing ~1 vs. ~10 part in the above dpkg listing results from
the build number which is different for the i386 vs amd64 jobs
inside Jenkins.

If that's an issue for you we could use a different naming schema.
In another project I'm e.g. using UNIXTIME=$(date +%s) inside the
autogenerated snapshot versions. Though I'm open for any suggestions. :)

regards,
-mika-