[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [l10n:manpages] Approximate deadline?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 07:11:29AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Guillem Jover (guillem@debian.org):

> > Regarding the release targetting squeeze, that depends when Debian
> > freezes the base system, it was supposed to be around this month but
> > it seems this will get delayed, I cannot give you exact dates. But
> > anyway, even if dpkg is frozen the release team will most certainly
> > accept updates with translation changes as they have done in the past
> > so it's safe to say you still have several months, no need to rush yet.
> > We'll also be calling for translations once the code has stabilized a
> > bit more and we are closer to the Debian release.

> Also, nothing prevents you from sending a first update with what you
> have right now and send new versions, more complete, later on. Working
> this way secures the work you already did and avoids having it
> "disappear" in case you suddenly stop working on this for a reason you
> can't even imagine right now (that happened to me in the past....:-)).

Thanks for your quick replies. Since I'm following a good pace, I think
I'll try to send the complete po, and then wait for the call for translations
to do those new strings. This translation is fun :)

Regarding Christian's note, I already lost changes to a 1MB po file, so
I keep it in git :) If I "dissappear", there is a debian-es partner I'm
sharing the translation with, who can send it in case I stop working on

Thanks for the interest.
Omar Campagne Polaino

vim-doc-es: <http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/vim-doc-es>

Reply to: