Re: [l10n:manpages] Approximate deadline?

Hi!

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 15:40:20 +0100, Omar Campagne wrote:
> As part of the debian l10n spanish list, I recently took over the
> maintenance of the Spanish manpages translations, which I pretend to do
> for _long_ :)
>
> The issue is that I brought the fuzzy count down to half of what
> it is now, yet I don't know if I would have time enough to keep up this
> pace to deliver a full translation when time comes.

Perfect!

> I would like Squeeze's dpkg to ship with, at least, the dpkg.1, deb, and
> update-alternatives manpages in Spanish.
>
> My question is, can you guys give me an APPROXIMATE date you'll be pushing
> this dpkg version to sid-->squeeze? Just I kind of "send a diff or po before
> ... and it'll make it to squeeze", so I can calculate the overall pace
> to be able to offer those manpages and, if possible, the complete po
> file for Squeeze.

Next dpkg release should be targetting experimental this week, I've
still to finish some last changes but we'll be announcing the upload in
few days (at most).

Regarding the release targetting squeeze, that depends when Debian
freezes the base system, it was supposed to be around this month but
it seems this will get delayed, I cannot give you exact dates. But
anyway, even if dpkg is frozen the release team will most certainly
accept updates with translation changes as they have done in the past
so it's safe to say you still have several months, no need to rush yet.
We'll also be calling for translations once the code has stabilized a
bit more and we are closer to the Debian release.

thanks,
guillem