Re: Where is my init script?

Hello,

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Christian Goetze (CG) wrote:
> I am trying to make a debian package out of a piece of third party
> binary software which will run as a daemon.

this is not the right list for this question. Next time try
debian-mentors@lists.debian.org to get help on your packaging questions.

> This builds a fine package, and when I run dpkg -c <filename> I see it
> has my init script in /etc/init.d.
>
> I then run dpkg -i <filename> and it installs, but no file in
> /etc/init.d ...

Add the option --force-confmiss to the dpkg invocation and/or purge the
package before installing it.

A removed configuration file is never recreated by default. Because a
removed file is a special-case of a modified configuration file and dpkg
tries to preserve the modification.

Raphaël Hertzog