Re: VCS-based source packages and helper tools

> among people using VCS to maintain their packages, we have a bunch of
> people using helper packages (like git-buildpackage, gitpkg,
> bzr-builddeb, svn-buildpackage, etc.).

My instinct is that a VCS-based source package format is not useful for
Subversion, and hence would have no impact on svn-buildpackage.  People
using Subversion would need to convert to a different VCS to use VCS-based
packages.  (You really need the repository to live in the local directory.
CVS would have the same issue.  You could do a VCS-based package on top of
RCS, though.  *pause*  I really hope no one feels the need.)