Re: [long] Dpkg Team Organisation/Status

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Comments and corrections welcome. If someone wants to convert this mail
> to a Team page at wiki.debian.org, feel free to do so.

Done and integrated in the generic "Teams" section that I created for this
sort of stuff: http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg

Feel free to complete if I missed some stuff.

> 3) We create a shared "official" tree where a group of committers can
> push directly. This is sort of the current model, just with enhanced
> development possibilities aside from the official tree.
>
> [This would be the least disruptive model, but it lacks a central
> instance, which might or might not be an advantage]

I'd suggest going with this for now. We can always move to another model
later. But right now, it's quite well suited for us. The only thing I
don't know yet, is how to handle commit notices with such a shared git tree.

It might be enough to look up how pkg-xorg handled that.

Raphaël Hertzog