Re: Suggested clean-up of debian/control

Frank Lichtenheld writes ("Re: Suggested clean-up of debian/control"):
> As you're the maintainer it's your call. I don't think it is actually
> useful for anyone to keep that old stuff around but feel free to
> ignore the patch.

I have several times upgraded systems directly from one Debian release
to another much later release, skipping one or more full releases.
Generally this isn't trouble-free but it works pretty well with small
installations and there is no reason to make it impossible.

Ian.