Re: Builds undistributalbe debs without perl in the standard path.

Hi,

At Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:34:56 -0600 (CST),
Adam Heath wrote:

> > I understand that is because dpkg is no longer for GNU/Linux system
> > only.  I think it's good idea to restrict PATH for configure in
> > debian/rules.
>
> No, this is wrong.  If the user building the deb has modified their path to
> fit their local system, we should honor that setting.

At Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:52:19 +0100,
Josip Rodin wrote:

> but if the person building dpkg has perl in some other location, how do you
> know they have it in /usr/bin or /bin? And if they do, how do you know if
> they want to use those over the one in /usr/local/bin? Their $PATH could
> indicate quite the opposite, like yours did.
>
> Packages can't predict the nature of their environments...

Hmm, your opinions have a point.  I didn't consider Debian system's
flexibility to such a extent.

I'd withdraw my proposition.  Thanks for your comments.

--
YAEGASHI Takeshi <t@keshi.org> <takeshi@yaegashi.jp> <yaegashi@dodes.org>