Re: Builds undistributalbe debs without perl in the standard path.

Previously YAEGASHI Takeshi wrote:
> Yes.  That's to avoid building broken dpkg debs by mistake under
> Debian environment.  /usr/sbin/update-alternatives that needs
> /usr/local/bin/perl would be quite harmful to most sites.

But changing PATH doesn't affect that at all.

> We can explicitly use standard /usr/bin/perl by restricting PATH to
> /usr/bin:/bin when configure.

Those scripts should run with any perl version (maybe not perl3 and
older, but definitely anything from perl4), so I do not see why we
would want to restrict PATH.

> Can we assume it's already under Debian environment when configuring
> and building dpkg in debian/rules?

Definitely not, the only dependencies should be GNU make, perl4 or later
and the packages listed as Build-Depends.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org            http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |