Re: Debian package manager under Solaris

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 05:42:58PM +1100, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> For the record, autoconf had been complaining about not being able to
> work out the size of unsigned ints and longs, as well as a number of
> include files being missing ... include files shouldn't be too hard
> to figure out, however I must admit to being a little stumped as to how
> to fix the sizing problems ...

I've noticed quite a few problems with headers not being in the same
locations, that just needs a few tweeks in the source. The problem with
data sizes is probably related, maybe it can't find the system's header
which includes limits... check the config.log etc.

BTW you should send us patches you had to make :)

> would we require a particular version of gcc?

Most probably no. I've seen dpkg compile with gcc 2.8.1, egcs 1.1.2, and
gcc 2.95.*, and at least one of those should be available for your platform.