Re: Debian vs Red Hat??? I need info.

Previously Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> Actually, from what I've been told, rpm has at least one serious
> technical flaw: The order of execution for pre-install and
> post-install scripts is nonsensical for upgrades.

I wouldn't call it nonsensical, but the way dpkg does it is definitely
more robust. I need to take another close look at how rpm and dpkg
differ in this respect anyway, so if people are interested in the little
details I might be willing to write a little comparison about it..

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |