Re: Proposal: handle dpkg as a non-Debian package

Previously Guy Maor wrote:
> Set your CVSROOT to :ext:wakkerma@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/dpkg and set
> CVS_RSH to ssh.  Are you familiar with cvs?

I know just enough CVS to commit, update and even handle a normal
branch. Ie everything I needed for strace so far :).

> Do you have old versions of source dpkg around?

I have 1.4.1.3, 1.4.1.4 and 1.4.1.7 through 1.4.1.9 and some small
changes that are intended to become 1.4.1.10.

> It would be great to recreate as much of the history as possible.

Agreed.

> If you have old versions laying around, or better yet, you are using
> your own CVS tree, I can help you merge them.

I'm not comfortable enough with CVS to use it locally, I usually just
work on one or two local copies. I'm slowly getting used to it now that
I'm also managing the strace CVS though.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl