Re: debian-faq: notes on systemd obsolete

Hi again Justin e.a.,

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 12:40:54PM +0100, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:46:50AM +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> > Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> > > Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > concept: we seem to be using italics for those

> > Uh, there is no such file, at least on my system,

I have systemd 232-25+deb9u1 installed, which gets shipped with Debian 9.1
stretch; this systemd ships /lib/systemd/system/rc.local.service , which says

[...]
# This unit gets pulled automatically into multi-user.target by
# systemd-rc-local-generator if /etc/rc.local is executable.
[Unit]
Description=/etc/rc.local Compatibility
[...]

> > and this seems to be
> > talking as if admins were meant to create it in /lib/systemd/.  Don't
> > local modifications go in /etc/systemd/?  Wouldn't users need lots
> > more help to be able to create a working .service file from scratch?

So, I guess we're fine with the current text.

[snip some as-is applied suggestions, thanks]

Bye,

Joost

PS: I might upload the FAQ soonish.  It depends on what happens with
https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2017/11/msg00023.html .
Current version still available from
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq/ .