Re: pine (was: Re: debian-faq: patch5 to remove some outdated content)

Hi,

Justin B Rye <justin.byam.rye@gmail.com> wrote:
> Couldn't we go back to something closer to what's currently there?
> Instead of one paragraphs about Pine and then another about
> contrib/non-free (which seems like the wrong order anyway), we could
> have one that says:

That was exactly what I had in mind when proposing my last patch, yes.

> 	6.9 Where is the source code?
>
> 	[...]
>
> 	Due to restrictions in their licenses, source code may or may not
> 	be available for packages in the "contrib" and "non-free" areas,
> 	which are not formally part of the Debian system. In some cases
> 	only sourceless "binary blobs" can be distributed (see for instance
> 	firmware-misc-nonfree); in others cases the license prohibits the
> 	distribution of prebuilt binaries, but does allow packages of
> 	source code which users can compile locally (see broadcom-sta-dkms).

I would be fine with this
(but setting the package names 'firmware-misc-nonfree' and 'broadcom-sta-dkms'
within <tt>...</tt>, as it consistent in this doc).

Other comments?

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .