Re: release notes and msgid-previous (was: Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

On 2009-02-06 15:50, Clytie Siddall wrote:
>> Right. But please note that po4a isn't called automatically during the
>> build but only manually from time to time. Adapting the Makefile isn't
>> possible
>> because ...
>>
>> ... hmm, why?
> Thanks for doing that. I just finished translating the current Release-
> Notes, and committed my changes.

Currently, statistics.txt says:
vi: 791 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations.
Great job! Only ru and zh_CN are ahead.

> So, when the original strings are
> changed again (e.g. taking care of some of the remaining TODO's), my
> files will use msgid-previous?

Short answer: Yes. Long answer: If "make updatepo" is done on a
machine with po4a >= 0.34 (lenny, sid), yes. If it's done with
po4a < 0.34 (etch), no. But we all run lenny, aren't we?

> Where should I look to keep track of changes to the original strings? I
> don't want to miss updating them, especially now I have a complete
> translation (I like being at 100% :D ). And do we have a status webpage
> for the Release Notes, like we do for the Installation Guide?

I added a statistics.html target to the Makefile. It's an ugly
quick hack, but it works for me (TM). If it breaks sth, just
disable it in the Makefile or throw away my ugly script.

Cheers!

P.S.: It's great that you participate here despite health
problems. You're more than welcome! (You already know this.)