Re: release notes and msgid-previous (was: Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

Hi Clytie,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 12:22:53AM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> On 05/02/2009, at 11:29 PM, Jens Seidel wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 10:23:23PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
>>> I've copied the svn-updated release-notes/Makefile into release-
>>> notes/
>>> vi/
>>
>> The Makefile should not be copied into vi/. It assumes to be located
>> at the top
>> level directory of the Release Notes.
>
> Umm... I've left the original Makefile where it is, just made another
> copy in /vi and modified that. But if I modify the Makefile for the
> top-level directory, and commit the change, won't it affect all the
> languages? And if I don't commit the change, it won't affect the files
> in /vi when po4a is run on the server ?

Right. But please note that po4a isn't called automatically during the
build but only manually from time to time. Adapting the Makefile isn't possible
because ...

... hmm, why?
Ah, because it *was* called automatically during each build and this failed on
the build host. But as it has to happen manually now it is save to enable
the --previous option. Every user of the Makefile in an Etch system should just
locally remove it again but I assume most active contributors use already
Lenny.

I committed the option change in r6219.

No need for further action from your side. Your code is currently btw
up-to-date.

> I can run very  basic svn commands now, so with a bit of luck, I'll recover
> enough  concentration to do a little more on the command-line.

You have to learn, learn, learn ... :-)

Jens