Re: lenny release-notes built and available, questions

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 05:57:57PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> BTW, what do you think about the facts that :
> * we are still building PS versions but publish no link to them :
>   http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/release-notes.fr.ps
>
> * we publish tar.gz files containing all languages in html but don't
>   link them : http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/release-notes-i386.tar.gz
>
> I'm not that convinced of the interest of such formats...

Mmh, I think I have to agree (at least at the moment at which really too much time
is spend for a build).

> > Any further help?
>
> If you master Makefiles magic (I'm learning :) :

Oh, learning makefile syntax is a never ending story, really :-)

> * fix the html target so that they are not build again and again while
>   it is not necessary.

I started with this one and committed already a required (incomplete) patch.
I have to start with the most primitive prerequisites and I'm walking top on the
dependency chain.

> * images are missing (you will see [img tag] instead) in the publish
>   directory while they seem to be copied

The current Makefile is just very, very complex. Will try to simplify it rule by rule
and hope not to break the build ...

Jens