Re: developers-reference in SVN

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:42:08PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I did some changes on the CVS version yes. When did you do the conversion?
> > I'd like to get both versions synced before uploading anything. We hadn't
> > that many changes anyway. I can help forward the changes.
>
> 2007-06-26, so your changes of 2007-08-04, 2007-12-08, and
> 2008-02-20 are not in. Applying these changes seems easy. I
> would be happy, if you could do this.

Done! I also setup a SVN commit notification to the PTS much like we had
for the CVS repository.

I also added a "DO-NOT-COMMIT-HERE.txt" file to the old CVS repository.

> > Can we organize the conversion of the whole ddp repository to SVN and be
> > done with CVS?
>
> I don't oppose. There are some documents in CVS, that seem
> obsolete to me, e.g. progeny-debian-manual.
> (network-administrator had its last update five years ago,
> system-administrator mainly nine years ago, etc.) We should not
> convert those to SVN, right?

I don't know, integrating them can be interesting just to keep the
information for historical purpose. But they ought to be moved in some
directory clearly marked as obsolete.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog