Re: developers-reference in SVN

Hi,

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 03:07:54PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > 1. We need to adjust the build process as well for the webpages (and
> > that should happen before the upload)
>
> Which web page and what needs to be done? Do you mean
> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ ?

Yes.

> Or do you mean the upload process of the HTML files to
> www.debian.org/doc/ ?

Are we still doing that? I think they are generated on www-master locally.

> > 2. Some unauthorized changes have been done since then - I'm not going
> > to fix that, but one might to look into merging
>
> Are there changes in the CVS version? If you agree to the
> changes, I volunteer to re-apply the changes in the DocBook
> version in SVN. Same for the patches in BTS. However, I would
> upload the current version first.

I did some changes on the CVS version yes. When did you do the conversion?
I'd like to get both versions synced before uploading anything. We hadn't
that many changes anyway. I can help forward the changes.

(And for the record, Andreas has still not responded to any of my proposal
in #436093 - so long for "unauthorized changes")

> > 3. One should add a large warning to cvs before upload the svn version.
>
> Yes. Would you be that one, please? :~)

Can we organize the conversion of the whole ddp repository to SVN and be
done with CVS?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog