Re: developers-reference in SVN

* W. Martin Borgert (debacle@debian.org) [080223 14:19]:
> some time ago, I created a DocBook XML version of the Debian
> Developers Reference. In the process of changing the source
> format, I also changed the translations (fr and ja) to be based
> on po4a. The thing is in our SVN:
> svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/developers-reference
> There are some potential problems:
>
> 1. The whole conversion process was messy and might have
>    introduced bugs, unnoticed by me. Esp. for the translated
>    versions, fr and ja.
>
> 2. The patches in the BTS need to be converted to DocBook. I
>    volunteer for that task.
>
> Does anyone in DDP object to an upload of this version?

I would welcome if you drive this further and finally also do the
upload. However:

1. We need to adjust the build process as well for the webpages (and
that should happen before the upload)
2. Some unauthorized changes have been done since then - I'm not going
to fix that, but one might to look into merging
3. One should add a large warning to cvs before upload the svn version.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/