Re: Switching from CVS to something else

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 07:11:33PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> First of all, do we want to keep the "unix group name" of "cvs_doc" on
> Alioth or should we create a new "ddp" project that I would populate with
> the same members?
>
> http://alioth.debian.org/projects/cvs_doc

There is already a DDP project, it was created a while back and the CVS there
is a copy of the CVS at gluck but dated way back. AFAIK only the manpages
module of that CVS was being actively used (in Alioth, but not in Gluck) the
rest of the modules could be overwritten.

I guess the ddp members would have to be crosschecked with the cvs_doc
members at Gluck.

> > Then each section (like apt-howto) can chose different VCS as long as we
> > have control over build script.  That is what we lack now.  We only
> > offer Makefile but its execution and copying to the web is done by
> > non-DDP resources.
>
> Yes, it's done on www-master AFAIK and thus the people who have access to
> it are the members of the debwww group:
> $ getent group debwww
> debwww:x:10803:csmall,treacy,archvsync,evo,mendoza,kraai,joy,djpig,joey

If somebody adds me to that group I don't mind taking a look and seeing
how it should be fixed.

Regards

Javier