Switching from CVS to something else

Hello everybody,

the DDP team is one the last few users of a CVS repository on
cvs.debian.org. As you probably already know, most VCS repositories
are nowadays hosted on alioth.debian.org.
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth

This gives you much more flexibility:
- you can use any VCS of your choice (subversion is the most popular and the
  simplest to switch to for CVS users)
- you can have control on the members of your team without the need
  to ask DSA to add or remove someone

Please consider moving to Alioth. I know changing the VCS repository
will require some coordination with the web team as the manuals are
published daily on the website. I suggested the same switch to the web
team.

Alioth also supports CVS, so if you want to keep CVS, you can do that as
well. But I encourage you to switch to something else and I can help you to
convert the repository if needed.

Feel free to ask me any question.

Cheers,
--