Re: documentation for novice and newbies

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 12:16:56AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:05:39 -0500
> Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Andrei Popescu wrote:

> > > newcomer-doc ?
> > >
> > > I just registered myself at alioth.
> > >
> > Do we really need an Alioth page? I don't see the advantage we'd gain,
> > unless I'm missing something (I'll be registering there tonight
> > anyway.)
>
> The page would only be the end result. alioth provides tools to manage
> the project.

 Andrei

I just tried to register the project, got the page all filled in with
basically the email that ended "how does this sound" yet alioth
immediatly came back with something like "provide more detail".  It
wasn't a helpful error message and there's nowhere on the alioth site
for help.  Would you like to try?

Doug.