Re: Developing novice/newbie installer guide

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:07:11PM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
 [...]

Someone (it may have been you, I forget) suggested that if we created an
alioth.debian.org project we could have a wiki from there.  If so, can
we choose which wiki or is it part of alioth?

I would suggest:

1. Check the requirements of a promising wiki from its home website.
2. Install and try out the promising wiki on your local machine.
3. Check the features offered by your preferred hosting service (Sourceforge, Alioth, etc). 4. See if others have been able to install the particular wiki on your prefered hosting service (Google can help here).
5. Talk to the hosting service about your needs.
6. When you are happy that it is all going to work, open an account at the hosting service and create the new project.

--
Chris.