Re: Please create pseudo package "release-notes" for BTS

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 06:34:27PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 10316 March 1977, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>
> > This is because the way we current handle documentation packages is just
> > plain wrong. It should be possible to upload documentation packages
> > directly to testing and have them installed just prior to release. Look at
> > the mess with doc-debian, for an example of the issues here.
>
> Maybe that mess could alse be the late upload of it?
> And nothing between August 2004 and June 2005.

Yes, maybe. But notice that the FAQ is part of the DDP project and we are
all obligued to keep it up to date. We should have detected (as a group)
that it was going to need an update for sarge much earlier than five days
before the release.

Also:

- the fact that doc-debian uses byhand
- the fact that packages in the release needed to go through sid first

did not help in get the package be added into sarge. It's updated in the
CD/DVD images (the byhand got installed) but the package itself will need
to be updated through proposed-updates.

I'm working on it to remove a lot of stuff, besides updating the fact
sarge = stable and etch = testing  and will provide a new version.

It is an example of how unmaintained many things in the DDP are and why do
we need to change the current situation.

Regards

Javier