Re: Debian Documentation

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 01:31:35PM +0100, Thomas Albrecht wrote:
> Hi there,

If the maintainer needs to spend more time than the time you spent to
write your offer, I can understand he did not write back.

> Anyway. Just tell me how I am able to help, where to start reading so
> I can learn something about the process updating some documents (the
> most important part is... How to know who is working on which part so
> nothing will be done twice)

Duplication can be avoided if you join mailing list.  Also common sense
of mine tells me to contact previous leading translator. (
tux-master@web.de ) He should be able to give you some guide.  If he
does not respond then no one is working.

As written in my previous mail (typo fixed):

If you send me a diff file to the source, I will apply it.  After few
times, I will ask you to get CVS access (I give out write permission)
and you update yourself to cvs.  My current development tree is at
sf.net . See more at  http://qref.sourceforge.net/doc/

> Well maybe because I am talking about so many different things at once.

Exactly.

> Maybe the smartest thing to do is doing the work step by step. I will
> check the links you mentioned above and send some you some changes

Some pages are not mine.  For web page, you need to contact
debian-www@lists.debian.org .  You should have figured this by reading
web.

> About the translation and the reference. But I will start a new thread
> because this documents contains too much different information.

Some of your suggestion seems "stylistic taste issues".  Unless you come
up with exact solution covering all translation, I will be unlikely
include it.  If you suggest something, you should think not "what I
want." but "what will take it changed this way.".

> Within this thread I will post some suggestions with links and so.

Broken link update suggestions are very welcomed.

> But first I have to reinstall my windows. I still could not migrate
> everything to debian yet.

I think that may be it.

For any technical suggestion, please get yourself ready to do everything
under Debian.  I can not tutor you through every step.

My time is limited and I expect contributor to spent his time learning
system first.

Osamu