Re: Re: Debian Documentation

Hello, I'm new to GNU/Linux Debian and I understand what Thomas Albrechtdfd
wanted to say.
I had been using Debian Sarge for a few days, and it was a bit difficult to
find good documentation.

Debian Reference IS good, but I think it is a bit complicated for the new
user. Too long, covers too much points.
Around this, you have several user's guide. User's Guide (Progeny) looks
good, but it is designed for Woody and not translated.

I have found a great guide in French, by a Debian fan :
http://people.via.ecp.fr/~alexis/formation-linux/formation-linux.html
It helped me a lot. If I can resume in one sentence, it may be :
Introduction to Linux and Optimized End-User Desktop in minimal steps.
It covers all points that a new user should now
(how to watch videos, what is cvs or ssh, working with the console...)
without being too long.
Unfortunately at the moment it is not updated for Sarge.

What are you planning for Sarge documentation ?
For me, I would be good to have 2 steps : first, a new-user documentation,
to have a well-working system (and well-using user ;) )
without hundreds of pages to read.
Next, the Debian Reference, more advanced.
Of course translated into all possible languages.

Thanks for all your great work to make a such awesome system running.
I will try to help you after my exams

Pierre Riteau