Re: rewording to avoid sexist language on debian page (fwd)

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 19:11, Martin Wheeler wrote:

> So let's drop the delightfully absorbing discussion, and see what we can
> do to arrive at a compromise between the two points of view, shall we?

There are no "two points of view" on the question of sexist language.
The civilized world long ago acknowledged this fact; consult any
professional style guide you choose, and you will find the words: "Avoid
sexist language."

This thread is an embarassment to the Debian project.  Ms. Faulkner
deserves a simple "Thanks!" for taking the time and trouble to stick her
neck out and make a valuable observation.

And that would be the end of it.

--
Bob Bernstein