Re: Request of restoration of the DDP CVS at gluck

[ Sorry for the delay. ]

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:40:27PM +0000, James Troup wrote:
>> Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a <jfs@computer.org> writes:
>>
>> > Following the instructions post-compromise, and even if a bit late, the
>> > DDP CVS has been checked by different members of the project [1].
>>
>> Does the debian-doc repository have to remain group Debian?  We're
>> trying to tie down CVS to unprivileged users and groups.  If at all
>> possible, I'd like to restrict this to a group of committers rather
>> than have it open to all 900+ developers.  However, if that's what you
>> really want...
>
> Attached is a list of the DD that have contributed to the DDP CVS at some
> point. Please create a debian-doc group with these and restrict the CVS
> with it. Not all of them are active but we can do the filtering later on,
> as soon as the CVS is reinstated we will make an announcement with the
> current status and how/when the project will be moved to Alioth.

I've added all except those who had inactive accounts[1].  I've also
restored CVS.  ssh should work and anonymous pserver does.

NB: pserver access control is now centralized rather than
per-repository for security reasons, so any changes you need made for
pserver accounts will have to go through debian-admin.

> Noted. For the time being we are going to move data from gluck to Alioth
> and keep the scripts in gluck's CVS. I understand that the cron job at
> klecker will be updating it's contents from gluck's CVS. Correct?

Sorry, which cron job?

> Is there a way for us to supervise that cronjob?

The 'debwww' group have login to klecker, will that suffice?

--
James

[1] hp, netzwurm, nico, nidd, oohara, rkrusty