Re: Update for the french translation of the developers-reference

* Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> [2003-04-19 01:44] :

> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately the CVS documentation available on the Debian website ?
> > > won't automatically update because I used the new tag <translator> as
> > > one of my proof-readers suggested (I just read the thread about it on
> > > debian-doc). As a consequence the automatic generation failed ? because
> > > the tag is not present in the DTD (from the stable package, I guess)
> > > used for the generation. I am not really sure what would be the best
> > > solution to solve this issue, maybe build the CVS documentation in a Sid
> > > chroot or alternatively I could remove the offending tags from my
> > > translation (but then it looks a bit stupid to have a tag and not to be
> > > able to use it).
> > >
> > > I hope that you will have a solution for this issue (you can CC this to
> > > debian-doc as I have just subscribed to the list).
> >
> > I think klecker or wherever this is building needs to have
> > debiandoc-sgml from testing installed.  Josip, is that possible?
>
> Yes, if someone provides a backported package (to woody).

I would be happy to do it, but I am not a DD so I guess that you won't
accept a .deb not signed (I would not accept one in this situation). It
is not specially hard, the only thing that I had to do to compile the
testing package in woody was to remove the debiandoc-sgml.install file
(BTW the only reference I found for this file was in dh_install: I could
not find anything in the Developer's Corner, be it in debian-policy,
developers-reference (of course!) or NM guide, but I may have missed
it).

This problem is not critical, but it seems stalled right now, so if
someone (read: a DD) could look at this problem, I would be very
grateful.

TIA

Fred