Re: Polish translations

fenio@o2.pl (Bartosz Feñski) writes:

> > > I sent e-mail to Marcin Owsiany (which is listed on
> > > http://www.debian.org/international/Polish/) but he tell me that
> > > there nis no such person.

> > Hmm, I'm sure he exists.  You emailed porridge@debian.org ?

> You didn't understand me :) It's probably my fault.  I know that
> porridge exist because he tell me that there is no coordinator of
> Polish translations now. He don't have a time to do it.

Oh, I see.

> > > I read that I have to send couple of patches, but what if there is no
> > > started translation of that document ?

> > Then, start one, and send along your work at some point.

> I'll send our translation to you. Is that ok ?  To aph@debian.org ?

Best to send it along to debian-doc for overall review.  If you need
my attention in the short term, emailing me directly is fine; I'm also
aph on IRC, usually on #debian-devel.

> > > If you can create an account for me I propose
> > I need to get some initial versions from you at least to show that you
> > are in earnest.

> Ok. So you have to wait a few days for our first translations.
> We are translating Clinton's De Young "The Very Verbose Debian 3.0
> Installation Walkthrough" now. I have also finished translate of "The Very
> Verbose Guide to Updating and Compiling Your Debian Kernel".
> Yes, I know that it's not listed at http://www.debian.org/doc/ but from
> now we will be translating documents from DDP.

Hmm.  I wonder if it *should* be included there.

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>