Re: Polish translations

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 06:48:35PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> > Is there anybody who is doing it right now ?
> > Coordinator for Polish translations or sb like that ?
> I don't believe so.
I think there should be a person to coordinate translations for our
language (pl).

> > I sent e-mail to Marcin Owsiany (which is listed on
> > http://www.debian.org/international/Polish/) but he tell me that there
> > nis no such person.
> Hmm, I'm sure he exists.  You emailed porridge@debian.org ?
You didn't understand me :) It's probably my fault.
I know that porridge exist because he tell me that there is no
coordinator of Polish translations now. He don't have a time to do it.

> There is such a person, I just checked.
I know. I think that after my above explanation everything is clear.

> > I read that I have to send couple of patches, but what if there is no
> > started translation of that document ?
> Then, start one, and send along your work at some point.
I'll send our translation to you. Is that ok ?
To aph@debian.org ?

> > For example
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#quick-reference
> I'd actually just called the "Debian Reference" now.
Ok.

> > I'll be thankful if you explain me rules of translating. Is there any
> > order of priority for this documents ?
> I don't think it's very formalized.  Just follow the system
> established by the document you're translating.  It's generally best
> to work from DDP CVS versions.
Ok... that's clear enough.

> > If you can create an account for me I propose
> I need to get some initial versions from you at least to show that you
> are in earnest.
Ok. So you have to wait a few days for our first translations.
We are translating Clinton's De Young "The Very Verbose Debian 3.0
Installation Walkthrough" now. I have also finished translate of "The Very
Verbose Guide to Updating and Compiling Your Debian Kernel".
Yes, I know that it's not listed at http://www.debian.org/doc/ but from
now we will be translating documents from DDP.

regards
fEnIo
--
      _          Bartosz Feński aka fEnIo | tlen/mailto:fenio@o2.pl
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska