Re: Index ready (almost) for proposed-layout of ftp.debian.org and document database

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 05:12:12PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 12:50:22PM +0200, David Schmitt wrote:
> > * The 'This document is available in the following languages:' part
> [..]
> When there are more languages english
> could have just link to the english documents and other languages would
> have links only to the language and english version (due to the english
> one being almost always more up-to-date)

Geez. Of course.

> >   - As another possibility I would propose a table with lang vs format:
> >
> >            espanol     chinese    ...
> >     text     link        link
> >

> 	Note that there are over 20 languages for some documents. The
> table would get too long (I though about this).

Hmm .. I took my chances with index.pl and put up a testrun (not all
docs available) on my site:

http://club.josefine.at/david/layout/index.en.html

The tables suck too, but it's more readable for me than the lumped list.

The index.pl with the changes is there too.

Regards, David
--
Signaturen sind wie Frauen. Man findet selten eine Vernuenftige
	-- gesehen in at.linux