Re: Status of the index for Woody Cd's?

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 12:48:34PM +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> > Even if you did one, I very much doubt AJ would allow it in woody, that's
> > why I haven't done it myself. Clearly this is not a release-critical issue,
> > and there is still a slim possibility that a new .deb could be broken
> > despite the fact it contains only documentation.
>
> 	Given the interest that Aj and other ftpmasters have shown
> regarding documentation issues I have to agree with you there.

Well, given the facts and circumstances it would be unreasonable to expect
more interest.

> In any case I do not see how a package that only contains text/html files
> can break (well, yes, maybe the installation).

Installation, and doc-base. God knows I made many silly errors in those
files :)

> (...)
>  - documentation bug fixes are allowed, since good documentation is
> important
> (...)
>
> 	Now, two questions:
>
> 1.- does this still apply? (i.e. should this paragraph be commented
> out and changed from 'frozen' to 'testing')
> Adam, are you reading this?

That was written by Adam who is clearly a documenter and not the release
manager :)

I've in the meantime noticed that doc-debian 3.0 still isn't in sid and
mailed ajt-woody-sucks about it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.