Re: *** [maint-guide-publish] Error 2

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:32:03PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

> We could definitely use a developer whose main objective is documentation,
> and especially a document like the Reference. All the time there's talk
> about non-packager developers and we have no one to prove it :)

Well, that's why I joined Debian. I've been a Debian developer something
like eight days so all I have achieved is a few tentative CVS commits to
the Finnish translation of Debian Reference and a suggestion for a
chapter in the System Administrator's Guide. I.e. very little.

Debian NM process has some problems and one of them is that the process
is, IMHO, biased to packaging. For example, I had to package a little
script of mine. I feel I would have been more useful if I had written
some documentation instead.

--
Ari Makela		hauva@arska.org		 http://arska.org/hauva/

"Sailing is, after all, a kind of grace, a kind of magic." - Phil Berman